Senior Medical Writer
About Cambridge Medical Communication
Cambridge Medical Communication is a well-respected, expanding agency that provides imaginative communication materials to the healthcare industry for diverse target audiences. Our scientific expertise, commitment, and teamwork give our global clients confidence that we will deliver excellence. We believe that scientific integrity and astute attention to detail are vital for accurate and effective communication. These two principal factors form the basis of our company’s ethos, and are essential to the continued quality of our work.
At Cambridge Medical Communication, we combine experience in communicating science with expertise in analytical research, writing, editing, and artwork production, to provide accurate and compelling materials.
About the job
The Senior Medical Writer role provides leadership in the delivery of accurate and well-written medical and scientific communications. The role is office-based, and involves a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- providing strategic and scientific input to a range of projects and proposals
- undertaking literature research, analysing data, and providing critical appraisal
- developing evidence-based text for various types of communication, including manuscripts, training programmes (paper-based and e-learning), and value dossiers
- generating specialist communication pieces for the purposes of issue handling and information sharing
- attending international Advisory Boards and other scientific meetings, before preparing strategic meeting minutes or follow-up reports
- providing creative input to the visual development of materials
- preparing slide kits and supporting texts
- working in close collaboration with a team of editors, project managers, and clients.
In addition to content creation, the Senior Medical Writer is also responsible for managing, coaching, and mentoring other medical writers. Project management aspects of the role include contributing to the scoping of projects and to financial planning; business development aspects include providing scientific expertise for new business pitches and the preparation of proposal documents.
You will have a strong scientific background, with a degree in a relevant life science or medical subject (2:1 or above), and at least three years of experience in medical writing. A postgraduate qualification is advantageous, but not essential.
Applicants must have a passion for accurate and effective scientific communication, with a keen eye for detail, and an exceptional command of written English. You must be IT literate and have excellent organisational skills. A willingness to travel is also required. Candidates should work well within a team, and also be individually committed to excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com