Medical Communications Associate
About Cambridge Medical Communication
Cambridge Medical Communication is a well-respected, expanding agency that provides imaginative communication materials to the healthcare industry for diverse target audiences. Our scientific expertise, commitment, and teamwork give our global clients confidence that we will deliver excellence. We believe that scientific integrity and astute attention to detail are vital for accurate and effective communication. These two principal factors form the basis of our company’s ethos, and are essential to the continued quality of our work. At Cambridge Medical Communication, we combine experience in communicating science with expertise in analytical research, writing, editing, and artwork production, to provide accurate and compelling materials.
About the job
The Medical Communications Associate role provides a foundation in medical communications for those new to the industry, who wish to explore different aspects before choosing where to specialise. The role is office-based, and involves working within the medical writing and editorial teams on a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- copy-editing draft text and proofreading final deliverables
- performing quality control checks from study reports and scientific literature
- preparing slide kits and supporting texts
- undertaking literature research, analysing data, and providing critical appraisal
- developing evidence-based text for various types of communication materials
- providing creative input to the visual development of materials, and creating or briefing artwork
- implementing client feedback
- working in close collaboration with a team of writers, editors, and project managers.
The role may also require occasional client contact and communication with key opinion leaders. As you progress, you will have the opportunity to specialise in medical writing or editing, depending on your individual skillset.
You will have a strong scientific background, with a degree in a relevant life science or medical subject (2:1 or above). A postgraduate qualification is advantageous, but not essential. Applicants must have a passion for accurate and effective scientific communication, with a keen eye for detail, and an exceptional command of written English. You must be IT literate and have excellent organisational and communication skills. A willingness to travel is also required. Candidates should work well within a team, and also be individually committed to excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org